Where should my broker be licensed and regulated?

Investment ForumCategory: Broker QuestionsWhere should my broker be licensed and regulated?
Michael Dawe asked 3 years ago
Do I need a broker that is licensed and regulated in my country of residence (Philippines), my country of origin (Canada), or the trading country of the broker (unselected yet)?

1 Answers
Moderator Staff answered 3 years ago
It depends on your citizenship and country of residence. 
For example, A broker from Belize or Vanuatu provides no protection for you. CySEC brokers protect people living in Cyprus, but it is questionable what they cover for non Europeans. 
The most trusted brokers are licensed by ASIC in Australia or the FCA in United Kingdom. 

Your Answer